Damascus Treadle

Damascus Treadle
Sews Wonderfully!!!

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Catching up

I had no idea I had not posted for so long.  Let's see if I can remember what all I've been doing.
My birthday was good. Don bought me a stationary recumbant bike.  We drove to Russellville, AR to meet some folks who do flea markets for fun.  They had three treadles (a Singer 27, a Damascus and a Velox-made by National) that we loaded into the van and brought home.  We took the dogs with us and had to leave them in the van that night as the online info was incorrect in saying they were pet friendly.  There was a great steakhouse next door to the motel, so we had a great supper.  Back home on Saturday, 8 hrs each way, whew!
The house is progressing slowly.  Don has hired another guy to help with the heavy stuff.
Today we went garage saling and I will post pics.  This sewing machine thing is getting out of control.  Don is getting into the fun of fixing them up and he does all the electrical stuff.
I leave 2:55am Monday morning for ABQ and the casita.  Then the last weekend of the month my sis comes out from OKC and we go to a wonderful quilt retreat in the Jemez Mtns.  On the first we head back to OKC and the 3rd I fly out of OKC toward FL to pick up Gabby and bring her home for a visit.  Don will pick us up in OKC on the 4th. I'm so looking forward to seeing her turn 4 while she is here. We will meet at Mike and Leslie's for her birthday party. 
And I'm making blocks on the Damascus in the top picture and also using the Red Eye HC for a Treadleon TOBE  swap.
I have two QOV tops ready to take to the meeting.  I need to take pics and post them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment