Damascus Treadle

Damascus Treadle
Sews Wonderfully!!!

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Catching up

I can't believe it's been so long since I posted.  February  has been a really busy, fast month.
Sarajane has recovered from her dental procedure and is doing fine.  We lost one of the feral cats, the one I first called Sweetie, thinking he was a she.  Apparently he got hit by a car and bled out internally.  The next day Little Girl came up to be petted for the first time and has rapidly become quite the little pet.  Have not picked her up as of yet, but it will happen.  Stumpy has run off the other boy cats.  As soon as we can, he will be neutered and I hope that solves the problem.  Fred has been the most tramatized by Stumpy and has lost a lot of weight.  I saw him last night and when I picked him up, he is thin.  So much for the pets; Red is doing just fine.
Our quilt retreat was just super.  Not a lot of girls; 33 total I think.  But this time of the year, the winter weather is uncertain and probably affected the attendance.  Anyway, I had a great time, finished a top for QOV and made several of the stars (got ahead for once on those).  Got better acquainted with some of the girls in the guild. 
Finished the sock class and am almost done with the second sock that I did by myself. Yeah! 
Crocus are starting to bloom and the daffodils are up a few inches.  Spring is not far away; I love the spring.
My daughter Connie was in town for a short time and got to spend a couple of hours with her, which was a very good thing.
Don had a nasty virus, which he passed on to me.  So this week has not been great.  Hopefully by the weekend I shall feel much better.
Yesterday it was 73 here in Wichita. Today the temp is at 38 at almost 9am and we are supposed to have a very windy day.  So much for spring.
Take care everyone.

3 comments: