Damascus Treadle

Damascus Treadle
Sews Wonderfully!!!

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Good morning, all!!

I hope you all have a blessed day.  The Lord is certainly good to Don and I.
Yesterday was exciting as we brought home 2 treadles.  A nice Wheeler and Wilson #9 and an early Davis Low Arm VS.  The WW9 is in pretty good condition and just dusty.  The Davis is extremely dirty, however.
The feral cats are good.  This am the black and white one came out before I got out of sight to eat its breakfast.  I stopped and talked to it for a minute. There will most likely be a litter of kittens to trap this spring  and get shots and fixed. At this point, not sure which one(s) are female.  I certainly hope none of the adults have feline leukemia and have to be put down. 
Today  I plan on working on a QOV.  Don says we need to visit a shop to check for sewing machines.  The two I have to donate are taken, so looking for free or very cheap ones to fix up and donate.  I had forgotten how much I love working on these older machines. 

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new (old) machines. Post pictures when you can. I'll try to check your blog again. I just started my own blog a few weeks ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! I hope to find a nice Davis machine after I finish getting my latest two treasures going. I looooove your blog pictures! Makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you still have your Bernina for sale?

    Michele from Texas

    ReplyDelete
  4. Forgot to send my email: sellerofpurple.michele@yahoo.com :) (I live near Lubbock, TX...my precious mother-in-law used to quilt. :)

    ReplyDelete