Damascus Treadle

Damascus Treadle
Sews Wonderfully!!!

Thursday, October 20, 2011

We have heat!!

Our central heat decided it didn't want to turn on, so for a couple of days we were without.  Don's friend, who has a HVAC business, came and fixed it for us. 
It is now 32 outside at 5am, so I don't think we will have the hard freeze predicted. The plants have been rescued, just in case.  Now I need to make proper room for them to winter in the house.
We went to a lovely place for lunch, the Lotus Leaf Cafe and Creperie.  Their food is mostly organic and very healthy and tastes just wonderful.  They are in old town on Douglas, a couple of doors down from the Twist yarn shop.  And yes, I did visit the yarn shop and got yarn for a project. 
Had the usual great time with the small quilting group "queen bees" on Tuesday.  We are all working like mad on gifts. This is such a lovely group of ladies, most of us in our 70s.  I was totally in shock to learn the going rate for having someone quilt a queen sized quilt is $400.  Perhaps I'll keep my Gammill after all, at least until I get my tops done, even if it is just simple stuff. 

No comments:

Post a Comment