Damascus Treadle

Damascus Treadle
Sews Wonderfully!!!

Sunday, October 2, 2011

TERRIBLE TROUBLE

Got a terrible virus on my main computer.  I unplugged my external hard drive backup device as soon as I realized what was happening.  It came through my email and in no time rendered my c: drive unreadable. Attempts to use my virus detector to repair proved impossible, even though it warned me they were there.
 So I don't know whether to try and see if someone can fix it or buy a new one as it is almost four years old.  And also can my backup pics and docs be loaded onto a new computer?
I'm using one of Don's old laptops, an IBM thinkpad that is very slow and I think is on its last legs. 
On a good note, I've been cleaning out storage areas and getting ready to take some stuff to the thrift shop.  We have a good deal of storage in this home, just need to organize it better. 
I hope to load a quilt on the Gammill this afternoon and do several quilts in the coming week.  We shall see how the hands do; I've been awake since 2:30am with them hurting.  Getting old is not for sissies!!
Have a blessed Sunday, all.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry about the computer. They can be such a pain. You are correct, getting old isn't for sissies. My feet hurt so often.

    ReplyDelete