Damascus Treadle

Damascus Treadle
Sews Wonderfully!!!

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Busy Busy!!!

Yesterday we went down to  Manchester OK to deliver a sewing machine to an online friend named Mary (It's the 15-91 and #22 cabinet posted).  She was very interesting to talk to and we loved seeing her variety of chickens, goats, peacocks, pea hens and Anatolian Shepherd dogs and puppies.  Her husband Bill was seeing to the pigs and joined us later.  After a great visit, Bill loaded six machines of Mary's that I am going to check out for her into our van. 
(sidebar) I now have two machines in the house I'm working on and nine under the back patio waiting their turn.  I really love working on the oldies.
On the way home our friend Kevin, who is working on our new house, called and we found out that someone had stolen $700 worth of hand tools from the storage container.  Kevin had forgotten to lock it.  So we had to stop by Home Depot and buy  some more.

Speaking of the new house, The foundation people will be there soon to get the work done on the access to the "fraidy hole". We are just about ready to wrap the house prior to the siding placement.   
This am we went to an estate sale and didn't buy a thing.  There was a Singer 2010 Touchtronic in a nice cabinet that they wanted $500 for.  Ridiculous price for a machine that you cannot get replacement circuit boards for unless you find a donor machine.  They really had no idea how to price things for an estate sale. 
Then we went down to Derby to Sunflower Quilts so I could make use of my double points coupon before it expired.  I bought six yards of star fabric for QOVs.  We meandered our way home looking for garage sales, but the cold rainy morning put a damper on them. 
We went by the new house and hung my latest QOV up on the wall so I could get a decent pic. I will post it later. 
We have vegged for the  rest of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment