Damascus Treadle

Damascus Treadle
Sews Wonderfully!!!

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Meet my Singer 301a

Her name is Erma - don't have a clue where I got that name, but she is stuck with it.  After servicing, she is working like a charm.  The case is in good shape except for extreme mustiness.  She is outside in the sun, regaining her normal self.  I found a zipper foot for her and need to order new bed cushions.  I think I can download a  manual.
A side note, I started the day cleaning Erma and then started on a Kenmore 158 series.  She was a freebie and needed lots of attention.  A new bobbin  race, case and bobbin, bobbin winder tire, belt, new power/foot cord combo, good cleaning/lube, and now just need to clean the commutator, find a manual online to download and give her to a new home. 
Lets see, what shall I do this afternoon - sit and sew on a QOV, I think-after finishing the Kenmore. 

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful 301. You're going to love it. I have a black shortbed and it's my favorite e-machine for taking to classes. Lightweight and room to work!

    ReplyDelete